Current FRS-RFS Officers
Medical Student Mentors
The Florida Radiological Society Resident and Fellows’ Section is for Members-in-Training of the FRS and ACR.
The Resident and Fellow’s section of the FRS was initially spearheaded by Dr. Doug Hornsby who had the foresight to realize that there were many exciting opportunities for Residents and Fellows to become involved in the FRS and ACR. This involvement includes, but it not limited to, working with the many leaders in radiology and business throughout the state of Florida and nationally with the many opportunities offered by the ACR.
If you would like to join as a Member-in-Training of the FRS and ACR, visit the FRS Membership page. Also be sure to become a fan of the FRSResident and Fellows’ Section on Facebook and receive up-to-date information from the officers and staff of the FRS Resident Physician Section.
Current Resident and Fellow Executive Committee:
Be sure to attend the 2015 FRS Annual Meeting, July 17-19 at the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne in Miami, Florida!Residents will enjoy:
- ○ Free registration
- ○ A special Resident Program on Saturday, July 18, 2015
- ○ Elections for FRS Executive Committee positions
- ○ Representing their residency program
- ○ Resident Poster Session
Programs from outside of the local area will receive a stipend from the FRS to help cover the hotel/travel costs of their residents to attend the FRS meeting. Talk to your Program Director to see if you qualify for one of these funded spots. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Current Residency Programs:
- Florida Hospital in Orlando, FL
- Larkin Community Hospital in Miami, FL http://www.graduatemedicaleducation.org/radiology-home
- Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL
- Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, FL http://www.msmc.com/education/radiology
- University of Florida in Gainesville, FL http://xray.ufl.edu
- University of Florida- Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL http://www.hscj.ufl.edu/radiology/residency-diagnostic/
- University of South Florida in Tampa, FL http://health.usf.edu/medicine/radiology/residency/index.htm
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, FL http://radiology.med.miami.edu/education/diagnostic-residency
- The FRS Resident Traveling Fellowship to the ACR Annual Meeting & Chapter Leadership Conference . The FRS will fund one resident from each program in Florida to attend the ACR Crossroads Meeting in Washington, DC each year.
- Legislative and Governmental Relations Fellowship Program. The FRS has developed an exciting fellowship for residents to gain exposure to the FRS’ government relations activities and the state regulatory process. This is a one-week paid fellowship that covers the cost of the accommodations. The fellowship coincides with the opening of the legislative session at the state capital.
Medical Student Mentorship:
The Resident and Fellow section of the Florida Radiology Society offers a mentorship program for medical students interested in radiology. Our goal is to help establish a meaningful mentee-mentor relationship which may provide support and guidance for medical students. If you are a medical student interested in participating, please email Cody.Odell.MD@flhosp.org for us to help find you a mentor.