The Florida Radiological Society Resident and Fellows’ Section is for Members-in-Training of the FRS and ACR. The Resident and Fellow’s section of the FRS was initially spearheaded by Dr. Doug Hornsby who had the foresight to realize that there were many exciting opportunities for Residents and Fellows to become involved in the FRS and ACR. This involvement includes, but it not limited to, working with the many leaders in radiology and business throughout the state of Florida and nationally with the many opportunities offered by the ACR. If you would like to join as a Member-in-Training of the FRS and ACR, visit the FRS Membership page. Also be sure to become a fan of the FRS Resident and Fellows’ Section on Facebook and receive up-to-date information from the officers and staff of the FRS Resident Physician Section.
Current Resident and Fellow Executive Committee:
Hieu Diep, MD
Brittany Rea, MD
Babitha Thatiparthi , MD
Larkin Community Hospital
Connor Woodward, MD
Roy Waknin, MD
Daniel Malek, MD
Medical Student Outreach Director
- Be sure to attend the 2023 FRS Annual Meeting, July 14-16, 2023 at The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota; The Westin Sarasota! Residents will enjoy:
- Free registration
- A special Resident Program on Saturday, July 15, 2023
- Elections for FRS Executive Committee positions
- Representing their residency program
- Resident Poster Session
Programs within the state of Florida and outside of the local area where the meeting is held, will be eligible to receive a stipend from the FRS to help cover the hotel/travel costs of their residents to attend the FRS meeting. Up to 60 residents stipends are available on a first come, first serve basis according to meeting registration.
Talk to your Program Director to see if you qualify for one of these funded spots. Questions can be directed to Lorraine Roger at email@example.com.
- Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, Aventura, FL
- AdventHealth Hospital in Orlando, FL
- Larkin Community Hospital in Miami, FL
- Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL
- Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, FL
- Medical Center of Trinity’s Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program, Trinity Florida
- University of Florida in Gainesville, FL
- University of Florida- Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL
- University of South Florida in Tampa, FL
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, FL
- The FRS Resident Traveling Fellowship to the ACR Annual Meeting & Chapter Leadership Conference . The FRS will fund one resident from each program in Florida to attend the ACR Crossroads Meeting in Washington, DC each year.
- Legislative and Governmental Relations Fellowship Program. The FRS has developed an exciting fellowship for residents to gain exposure to the FRS’ government relations activities and the state regulatory process. This is a one-week paid fellowship that covers the cost of the accommodations. The fellowship coincides with the opening of the legislative session at the state capital. Click Here For More Information
Please visit the ACR Residents and Fellows Section website by clicking here for important news, events, and information pertaining to the national organization. While there, check out the learning center for resources created by residents including the Health Policy Milestones lectures, MRI teaching files, and the Business Concepts in Radiology series
The Resident and Fellow section of the Florida Radiology Society offers a mentorship program for medical students interested in radiology. Our goal is to help establish a meaningful mentee-mentor relationship which may provide support and guidance for medical students. If you are a medical student interested in participating, please email Daniel Malek at: firstname.lastname@example.org for us to help find you a mentor.